How Do You Sell Your Home, Fast?
When the time comes to sell your home you will want to sell it as quickly as possible. You first move should be to find a qualified local agent that is familiar with the local market. You should also find a full time agent. You will need an agent that will take the time to do a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) to get a solid listing price for your home. The more realistic your listing price is, the faster it should sell. Today, buyers do a lot of research on websites that show asking prices for homes based on what the property offers. Be prepared, most buyers are educated these days and know what a property should be worth. Also do not sell your home to a company offering a quick way out for way less than your home is worth! It is very important to list your home with a agent that will take great interest in getting your home sold. Listing a SALE BY OWNER usually ends up being a big mistake because of the knowledge that is needed to get a transaction to the settlement table. It can end up being a big waste of time and prolong the sale of your home!!
KEEP THE FOLLOWING USEFUL TIPS IN MIND:
To get to the settlement table quickly, I strongly suggest the following courses of action…..
- Curb appeal is so important. Keep the lawn cut, trim the bushes and keep the property edged and the weeds trimmed.
- Make sure that the front door is in good repair because that is the second thing that potential buyers are going to look at.
- Make sure that your home is clean and smells fresh. If you are having an open house, bake some cookies in the kitchen to have that wonderful aroma throughout the home if you have the time.
- Remove all clutter from the walkways and rooms, allowing the buyers to picture their belongings in your home. If there is clutter they have a hard time seeing past that.
- Remember that you shouldn’t overdue the upgrades. It is always best to speak with your listing agent to see what will get the best return on your money spent. Keep the color choices neutral if painting any rooms. Kitchens and bathrooms will draw the most interest, so make sure that they are presentable.
- Most of all listen to your agent! You hired them to provide you with a professional service and they are usually the most educated as far as pricing your property to get the best return!
- Make sure that your agent has the time to run open houses to get as many potential buyers through the property as possible. It is not always in your best interest to hire an agent that has many listings going on at one time!
Good luck in selling your home!